FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
1. How is Ocean Freight calculated?
Ocean freight is calculated based on the volume of a package, measured in Cubic Feet (CBF) or “Cubes”. The CBF of a package is calculated as shown below:
2. How much do I have to pay to sign up with Ocean It? There are no sign up fees!
Simply email us with your details and we'll gladly provide you with your Ocean It Shipping Address!
3. How can I get your shipping costs?
Please email or call us to receive the latest shipping tariffs.
4. Can I combine multiple shipments into a single Ocean Shipment?
Yes you can! Also referred to as “consolidation”, you can have shipments from multiple suppliers combined at our Miami warehouse. Once combined, you can then send a single shipment, comprising of multiple boxes/packages.
5. Is there a minimum size for my shipment?
The minimum shipment size required is 50 CBF. Customers wishing to ship less than 50 CBF can still do so, however the minimum shipment cost for 50 CBF will still be applied.
6. How long does it take for my shipment to arrive?
Once properly processed, the transit time for cargo leaving Miami and arriving in Trinidad is 7 days. Within a further 7 days, all necessary documentation and clearances are arranged, allowing for an overall schedule of 2 to 3 weeks at a maximum.
7. Can I ship hazardous cargo?
Yes, hazardous cargo or “hazmat” cargo can be shipped. Hazmat cargo applies to items which are corrosive, flammable or explosive. As this is a special category of cargo, additional fees are required to allow such items to sail and are provided on request.
8. Can I clear my cargo myself, or use my own broker?
In order to provide a complete package to our customers, Ocean IT not only ships in your freight, but also handles the clearance and delivery of your items as well. However, any customer who wishes to clear their cargo on their own, or through their own broker is free to do so! In those cases, the only charges applicable to the customer will be the Ocean Freight charge from Miami to Trinidad!
9. What payment methods are available with Ocean IT?
Currently, we provide 3 methods of payment: Cash, Cheque and also Direct Deposit into any ScotiaBank branch nationwide!
10. Do you offer insurance on Ocean Shipments?
Insurance on your shipment is optional, and can be requested if the customer wishes to include it!
Click to enlarge